Founded in 2019, Lightstar Renewables (Lightstar), is paving the way for a cleaner energy future. We’re on a mission to provide local solar for the land, and the community. As a community solar developer, this means we use environmentally sound best practices, aiming to leave the soil and local ecology better than we found it while investing in long-term partnerships with our land owners. Lightstar is committed to being stewards of the land – leveraging the clean energy transition for preservation and conservation of resources is at the heart of what we do.
Lightstar Renewables (LSR) has an immediate opening for an Origination Manager to support the ongoing Origination and Development of solar generating portfolio focused on community solar.
This is hybrid remote and will require in person meetings and site visits from time to time. As LSR continues to grow, opportunities to develop unique skills will be available as well as opportunities for advancement.
- Make initial outreach to landowners for the acquisition of land for new solar sites, easements, or additional land for current projects in development through purchase or lease.
- Identify and qualify large parcels of land, suitable sites for solar development through various GIS platforms.
- Establish trust and rapport with landowners to facilitate negotiations and have a positive working relationship.
- Approaching site owners through cold calling, research, in person visits, and any other relevant means.
- Draft and Negotiate the Lease Option or purchase option with landowners and lawyers.
- Travel for necessary site visits and landowner relations up to 30%.
- Collaborate with development team to transition sites and landowner relationships through the initial development cycle.
Compensation and benefits:
Not only will you get to work with a group of innovative, dedicated, and motivated peers, Lightstar is proud to offer our competitive compensation and benefit package:
- Salary – Competitive salary, Annual Discretionary Bonus
- PTO – 20 days annually (+1 day/ calendar year, Maximum 25)
- Unlimited sick time
- 2022 Holidays – 15 days
- Benefits – 100% employer-paid premiums for Health Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- 401k – 3.5% employer match
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Solid understanding and passion for the solar industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrable ability to understand and communicate technical concepts.
- Excellent organizational abilities.
- Able to excel in a highly entrepreneurial environment.
- 1-3 years of work experience preferred in the solar industry or experience in sales related to either real estate or the renewable industry.
- Self-starter who likes to consistently meet and exceed targets.
- Able to think creatively to help streamline operations.
- A great attitude and the ability to be flexible.
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the US.
We’re Committed to Diversity:
Lightstar is committed to creating a welcoming environment that continually celebrates the diverse community different individuals cultivate at our company. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we pledge that all are welcome at Lightstar. Lightstar does not discriminate against current or potential employees based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, medical history, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.